Etiological Investigation of Cancer Susceptibility in Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes: A Natural History Study
|Study ID||Alternative Stable ID||Type|
- A prospective cohort of Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndrome (IBMFS) will provide new information regarding cancer rates and types in these disorders.
- Mutations in IBMFS genes are relevant to carcinogenesis in sporadic cancers.
- Patients with IBMFS who develop cancer differ in their genetic and/or environmental features from patients with IBMFS who do not develop cancer.
- These cancer-prone families are well suited for cancer screening and prevention trials targeting those at increased genetic risk of cancer.
- Carriers of IBMFS gene mutations are at increased risk of cancer.
- The prototype disorder is Fanconi Anemia (FA); other IBMFS will also be studied.
- To determine the types and incidence of specific cancers in patients with an IBMFS.
- To investigate the relevance of IBMFS gene mutations in the carcinogenesis pathway of the sporadic counterparts of IBMFS-associated cancers.
- To identify risk factors for IBMFS-related cancers in addition to the ... (Show More)