The EGA - Submitter Portal, provides the tools that aim to facilitate the metadata submission of human data to the European Genome Archive. The aim of this page is to provide a video tutorial on how to use the EGA Submitter Portal. The page is divided into ordered sections for completing a submission.
In this tutorial video we will demonstrate how to use the Submitter Portal to register your metadata for a run sequencing submisison. In the video we assume that your files have been encrypted and uploaded to your ega submisison account.
The metadata objects required for read submissions are as follows:
- Study: information about the sequencing study
- Samples: Information about the sequencing samples
- Analysis: References the analysis (BAM) files; associated with samples and study.
- DAC: contains information about the Data Access Committee (DAC)
- Policy: contains the Data Access Agreement (DAA); associated with DAC
- Dataset: contains the collection of runs/analysis data files to be subject to controlled access; associated with Policy
- **Study, samples, DAC and policy metadata can all be registered prior to uploading files**
In the below short video, you can find a worked example, with detailed instructions on how to use the EGA submitter portal to perform metadata submissions to the EGA.
- 0:36 – Explanation of the example
- 1:08 – What metadata needs to be submitted?
- 2:43 – Submitter Portal Common aspects
- 5:17 – Making a new submission
- 7:11 – Register a study
- 10:02 – Register experiments
- 15:35 – Link files and samples
- 17:43 – Register data access committee (DAC)
- 19:39 – Register data access policy
- 21:07 – Register dataset
- 23:41 – Submit objects to the server
EGA objects can be identified by their unique accession. These are ID's displayed everywhere, shared among all EGA locations and specific for each data type (More information on the list below)
|EGA Accession ID||EGA Object description|
|EGAS||EGA Study Accession ID|
|EGAC||EGA DAC Accession ID|
|EGAP||EGA Policy Accession ID|
|EGAN||EGA Sample Accession ID|
|EGAR||EGA Run Accession ID|
|EGAX||EGA Experiment ID|
|EGAZ||EGA Analysis Accession ID|
|EGAD||EGA Dataset Accession ID|
|EGAB||EGA Submission ID|
|EGAF||EGA File Unique Accession ID|